Monday, July 20, 2009

My Favorite Jerk!

What? My favorite Jerk is a Soda Jerk, of course :)
I got my Round 2 BubbleBath Sophie from Hanna Stamps for the next round in the Guest Designer Challenge. She is adorable. I also got the super cute Ice Cream Riley. I couldn't resist the title....














I created a Peek-a-boo box but created a lid for it as well. I added stripes to the IceCream Riley's uniform. you can see in the second picture that I made a scalloped edge for the box lid using my fiscars border punch. The tag was created using microsoft word and punched out with the SU scalloped circle punch.
The box was sponged with Tim Holtz Lipstick red distressed ink as well as Vintage Photo. I added a strip of the red and white polka dot paper, that was left from punching my border,on the scalloped circle tag. A red button was glued to the center of the tag and my gift box was completed.
Instructions for making the peed-a-boo box were on SCS a long time ago and I have had the pattern since then but it was just brought back as a tutorial a couple of weeks ago and you can find the directions here.
I created the Riley Golf Gift box below for the Hanna Stamps Friday Challenge. The challenge was hosted by Adela this week and her challenge was to make a 3-D item and use acetate. Here is my project:
I was able to cheat a little on the challenge since I already had the acetate sleeve I made a lid and bottom for it using white cs and I covered that witih the polka dot dp. I thought a couple of golf balls and tees would be a nice little gift item. I colored Golf Riley with copics and I have been know to dress him in a shirt and knickers but this time I left him au natural :) I wrote the tag out because I was too lazy to print it out on the computer. I hate to waste a whole sheet of cs for one sentiment, KWIM!
I tied the package together with a piece of brown and white checked ribbon to keep it a masculine gift and punched a tiny hole in each tag and strung the ribbon through the hole. Easy Peasy!



Hope you had a great week-end.

Not sure what I will have for you tomorrow but it is my day off so you know I will be creating!!!

See ya then...

Cathy

1 comment:

Lynn Stevens said...

Those are both just darling and so creative!