Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sassy Cheryl's First Challenge

WooHoo Sassy Cheryl's DT is now in place and we are ready to start the weekly Challenges.  Are you ready?  Cheryl has created a couple of new images for the DT to use for this challenge and they are now available to you too.  Here is Bagpipe Patrick:

Bagpipe Patrick is such a fun image. Peggy Marsh, challenge hostess, chose green as the challenge this week.   Copic markers were used to color the image.  I thought it would be fun to make a tartan plaid kilt .  The shamrocks were outlined with my Copic Atyou green glitter pen.
I wanted a Shamrock for an embellishment and didn't have any nor could I find any I liked so I used my MS heart punch and made my own.  I punched 3 hearts and hand drew a stem.  I added crystal effects to the shamrock (doesn't show up in the photo) for a cool look.
The dp is from a Spring paper pack that I got a long time ago at JoAnn's but I thought it was perfect for Bagpipe Patrick!!
Here is a second card that fits the challenge criteria as well and gives you a perfect example of how fun Sassy Cheryl's images are.  Do you know anybody else who would have thought of an Easter Bunny Snowman?  I love it!!!


Now how fun is this image LOL.  Sassy Cheryl's has a whole collection of super fun snowmen.  I always keep my details rather simplistic to give the image the main focus of the card.  I had gotten this Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday dp at Michael's last week and while I didn't have a purpose for it when I bought it, I knew it would be perfect for this image after I got it colored.  I had a coupon for Michael's that I couldn't let go to waste and I had been wanting the large scallop border punch so it just happened to fall into my card.  I think it was a nice touch on this project. A pink sheer ribbon and another cute Sassy Cheryl card is ready to share.

Be sure that you check out the rest of the DT blogs ( listed on my sidebar)  to see their awesome creations, wow, what a talented bunch of ladies, you are going to be blown away, not sure how I slipped in but so happy I did!!!

We would love to have you play along with the challenges.  You could win a 15 dollar gift certificate to Sassy Cheryl's (DUH) if the random.org generator picks your challenge card number from Mr. Linky.  This week will be a 15 dollar gift certificate and then every week the prize will be a 5 dollar gift certificate. 

Sassy Cheryl's is celebrating her new DT and the beginning of her Challenge's by have a sale.  Everything in the store is being offered at 20% off from March 2 (today) to March 8.  Perfect chance to take advantage of the already reasonably priced images.  Your cart will be overflowing before you know it.

Cheryl adds new images to her store all the time, which is another reason I love Sassy Cheryl's.  I do a LOT of coloring and I want new stuff.  It really frustrates me when I go to a site to look for something new and I already have everything that I wanted already, that does not happen at Sassy Cheryl's because Cheryl is alway adding new images

Thanks for stopping by

Happy Coloring

Cathy

10 comments:

JACKIE M said...

Two great cards and beautiful colouring =0)

Dawn B. said...

Wow you have been busy.. These are adorable Cathy. I love the paper on the first one and your coloring is wonderful..Great job.

Dawn said...

love that kilt!! wonderful cards Cathy!!

Marlene said...

Your cards are so adorable...I can totally see why you ended up on the DT! :) Love these - and love the images. I need some more Sassy Cheryl's images! They are so much fun to play with!

Christa said...

Great cards Cathy!!

Hugs,
Christa

Anonymous said...

Two terrific cards, my friend! Just love how different they are, too!

Alina said...

They are both very beautiful, Cathy, I haven't used these two images yet, can't wait to do it!
Hugs, Alina

Jodi said...

Oh wow! Both of your cards are so cute! Love the pretty coloring you did on them!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Tracy said...

You have been busy! It's hard to not get busy with these wonderful images!!! Love both the cards
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Oh What a delight this card is... love your coloring for the snowman at Easter...
what a fun card!
Hugs
Judy