Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sassy Cheryl's Challenge--Just for Him!!

Yippee!!! Tuesday is Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Day and Jackie is the hostess this week and has chosen another wonderful theme:  Just for Him.  I chose Overload at School:

Thinking of all of my grandchildren going back to school this image seemed perfect for the boys who never seem as excited about going back as the girls do, so I though a card might make it a little more fun :)  The image was colored with copic markers and mounted with a blue layer left to tie the red and white ribbon at the bottom tied in a knot so as to be more masculine.

The dp's are miscellaneous from my local scrapbook stores I have had in my stash waiting for back to school projects and I used my cricut to create the #1 Student sentiment on the Tim Holtz label.  I made the pleated rosette and tied a strand of bakers twine in the apple button in its center.

Be sure to stop by the Challenge blog and see what the rest of the DT has created for this fun challenge theme and be sure to grab an image and play along.  A winner is picked at random each week and wins two images of their choosing so jump in and enter, I know Sassy Cheryl has created some super new, cute, and Sassy images this week, so even more to choose from.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful creative day.

Cathy

7 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

Brilliant papers! Fabulously coloured image and I love that little apple button! Perfect! Hugs, Lesley

Carla S. said...

This is adorable, Cathy! Love the fun papers and the darling image! Outstanding coloring!

Turtle In The Sand said...

Great layout. There is something about that red striped ribbon simply knotted that caught my eye. Love that paper clipped ticket too. Really like this one!

Cynthia said...

Great back to school card, Cathy! Fabulous coloring and layout.

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful card Cathy, great image choice too!

Dawn said...

how fun is this! so cute!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Love, love, love it. Super gorgeous coloring and I LOVE all the fab details my Sassy Cathy. Perfect.