Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Halloween is closer than we think EEEK!

I just realized as I was making this card with my new GinaK Spooky Silhouette stamp set that Halloween is coming faster than we think and I promised myself that I would make the grandkids Halloween cards this year. I had better get busy.


This is a case of a card that I saw on the GinaK stamp forum for a class that Jessica was doing on Friday. I really didn't come close to her image as Jim was on the computer when I started making this and I was working from memory. Obviously the memory isn't very good as Jessica's was lighter but I still like the way mine turned out anyway.

I used a piece of Stampin Up pumpkin pie cardstock and swiped an orange ink spot all over it moving left to right. I swiped a little more in some places and left other places lighter. I used another mustard yellow ink spot along the edges and under the stamped images.

I used Momento Tuxedo Black ink dewdrop, ( that I ordered when I ordered this Spooky Silhouette stamp set. ) to stamp the tree, the bats and the witch. The moon was stamped in the mustard ink spot that was used on the edges. In the lower right hand corner I stamped the Happy Halloween greeting. I love the sentiment font and size as it relays the sentiment but doesn't over power the picture.

I used my copic blender pen to remove some of the color around the moon and add a couple of whiffs of clouds over the moon as well. The steam from the cauldren was also done with the blender pen.

I finished it with a piece of brown textured cardstock which I cut a little longer than the orange card to add a Orange ribbon with black stitching for a little accent at the bottom.

Happy Halloween

No comments: