Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sassy Cheryl's Challenge--No DP--What you say!!!

Happy Tuesday!!! Tuesday mean time for a new Sassy Cheryl's Challenge and I get to be the hostess and I chose the theme, No DP.  What!!!!!  For those of us who are DP obsessed it is a challenge :)  I used the darling new image called Sassy Sally Sits in Wonder for my card:

Do you think  Sassy Sally is saying "What was she thinking"!!!!! Nay, she is too sweet for that :)  I colored her with copic markers and cut her out with a spellbinder oval die and mounted that on a spellbinder scalloped die which was attached to a paper circle doile.
My kraft card stock was stamped with my favorite background stamp which is a cracked paint stamped with disressed frayed corduroy ink.
I used two die cuts for the scalloped blue edge on the left side and my paper piercer (AKA frog stabber ) for the punched effect.  I layered a lace edge and brown and white checked ribbon on the scalloped edge and tied a bow and attached it.
I added 3 hand made paper roses and leaves with my cricut and assembled them after airbrushing them to match the cs.  Two swirls and a trio of clear gems and my NO DP card is complete.
Be sure to stop by the Challenge Blog and see what the rest of the DT thought of my no DP challenge :) I know they will have some wonderful creations to show you.  While you are at it be sure to stop by the Sassy Cheryl's Store and see the new images she has, they are absolutely adorable. I am going shopping for sure :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful creative day.

Cathy

11 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

You know what. .. .she does have a kind of 'what were you thinking' look on her face. :)
It's gorgeous Cathy! Love, love, love the flowers and of course the card is gorgeous as always.

Carla S. said...

This is a wonderful card, Cathy! I love the colors and the sweet image! Beautiful flowers, too! Being DP obsessed, this sure would be a challenge for me - lol!

Pat said...

Hey girlfriend! I was definitely "challenged" by your challenge theme, thank you very much! hehehe!! Now YOUR card is...BRILLIANT! I love the colors...and adding the crackled stamped image to your kraft paper really adds pizazz! Your designwork rocks too...and, of course, what's not to love about Thathy Thally?! Once again...we chose the same cute SC image!! Mwahhh! Pat Frank

Barbara said...

Love it this is great Cathy now to try my hand at no DP.LOL!!

Dawn said...

too cute, Cath! great challenge too, thanks! love the colors, colored to perfection too!

The Wired Angel said...

Oh... Cathy. Love it and our challenge theme is terrific. What a darling card.

Now I've got to know which cartridge the flowers are in.. I love them!! Hugs, Peggy x

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Great card! This is a fun challenge - I am working on my card now. Love all of your creations! Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

jkreucher said...

Oh Cathy! I love the pure innocence of this little darling! she is more precious with your coloring and design!
hugs to ya!
Judy

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful card Cathy, the colours work beautifully together.

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Cathy, lovin those little blue flowers!

Ann English said...

OMG, precious! See what you miss when you go on vaca!