Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sassy Cheryl's Challenge--Belated Birthday!!

Perfect Challenge for me this week at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge.  Jeni, our hostess with the mostess, must really know me LOL.  The challenge theme is, Belated Birthday, for which I chose: Sassy Sally's Triple Layer Cake.


I love this sweet image of Sassy Sally with her wonderful cake. I colored the image with copic markers and shaded to help make her stand out a bit.  Cut the image with spellbinder dies.  I used the double sided dp and when I had cut the layer I flipped it over and staggered it over the opening to look like a totally different piece of dp.  I added some buttons,  brown and pink stitched ribbon, and a Spellbinder fancy label die for the sentiment which I stamped (yeah I do have stamps ) Sorry I forgot....Again!   The story of my life...I never fail to get the cards made in time, but never seem to get them mailed in time.  I am so bad :(  I still love you !!!

Be sure to check out the rest of the DT cards and see their Belated Birthday cards and thank you to everyone who played along in the challenge and used a Sassy Cheryl image. If you have not played in the challenge for awhile the rules have changed and you have to use a Sassy Cheryl's image to play...The random drawing is for your choice of two images and have you seen the two new snowmen in the frames !!!??? I am in love...

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful creative day.

Cathy


5 comments:

Turtle In The Sand said...

Sally better hurry up and serve that cake before it tips over and she has something else to be sorry for. Fun card Cathy. How is that new Gran doing?

Dawn said...

So cute Cathy...and as long as cake is served with the belated card, who cares!!

jkreucher said...

To darn cute Cathy! love all the layers, buttons and awesome colors.
I want a cake that big for my special day:)
Darling card, as always my friend!
hugs
Judy

Grenouille Greetings said...

If I baked any cakes, they would turn out like this one! A lovely card, Cathy. Hugs, Lesley

Ann English said...

Awh, Cathy, she's darling! A perfect birthday card for a special someone.