Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving and Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge!!!

For those of us in the United States today is Thanksgiving.  It is also Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge day and this week our wonderful hostess is Lydia, who chose for us to use Swirls and Flourishes.  The Little Drummer  Boy has always been one of my favorite Christmas Carols and when Mo created this wonderful little guy called, Shall I Play for You?,  I had to have him and couldn't wait to create this card:

As you all know who have been reading my blog, I got a  Cricut Expression last week and have had more fun "playing" with it.  I wanted to use a  piece of sheet music for the background of Shall I Play for You?  image so I printed one off the internet  on beige cardstock.   I wanted to not hide all of the title and musical notes with the image, but wanted the image to be the focal point, so I cut out the oval just off-center in the music using my Cricut Expression  center image feature.  I then cut a black matt for the inside (that was the tricky part, but I am getting better). 
I centered the image under the cut out oval and taped it down.  The swirls were cut using my cuttlebug and because I wanted it to be simple and vintage like, I only added 3 poinsetta flowers for embellishments.
Mounted on a final layer of black cardstock my little Drummer Boy is gracing my craft table and making me smile.

Mo has lots of new Christmas images in the store right now, a Kitten with a Santa Hat, Some Scrooge Characters, my little Shall I Play for you and many more and as always they are exquisitely drawn and so fun to color.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope you have time to stop by the Challenge Blog to see what wonderful creations the Design Team has to show you.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!

Cathy

5 comments:

Jeni said...

So gorgeous Cathy! Love this image and you did such a beautiful job bringing him to life. ~jeni :)

Unknown said...

I like this card alot. I can't wait until I can come up and play too. Maybe soon. Love you Mom!

paola said...

Everything about your card is beautfiul! the background paper is stunning! your image colored to eprfection and the flourishes and flowers work perfectly!
smiles
Paola

Elaine L. said...

Cathy, This is wonderful! I love the musical score for the background....just perfect with the image! I'm going to have to use that idea!

Sheila said...

Hiya Cathy, adore this cute little fella awesome colouring on him.
Hugs
Sheila xx