Thursday, February 24, 2011

Think Spring!!! Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge

This is my last week this month to be the hostess for the Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge, I have been thrilled to see so many people playing in the challenges, although I don't take any credit for it, there is always a fear your theme will be undesirable and no one will play :)  This week I chose Spring Colors and Think Spring as my theme and the only other criteria was to use a handmade flower.  Here is what I created:


You may not think Bossy is a Spring image but her sentiment says it all....No More Snow!!!  I must admit that our winter has not been that bad, however when it got up to 70 last week I was ready for it to stay.
I colored Bossy with copic markers with this dp in mind.  I love the little birds and dainty images on this dp and it is wonderful for spring and summer projects. 
The blue bayou medallion behind Bossy is spellbinders and the image was cut with a Fiskers oval cutter and sponged around the edge to soften the edge a little.  The sentiment was computer generated and punched with SU punches.
The flowers are cut with my cricut expression using the Mother's Bouquet flower cart.  I used three different flowers and cut them at 2, 1.5 and 1 inch to layer.  Since the dp is double sided, I flipped alternating layers to green so you could see them better after they were sculpted with a stylus to add diimension.
I did add a little green check ribbon and bow over the medallion to highlight the green in the dp and Bossy's dress.
I hope you enjoy the challenge and be sure to stop by the Mo's Digital Pencil challenge and see what the rest of the DT has in store for your viewing pleasure. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Cathy

11 comments:

Dawn B. said...

I loved this challenge. It took me outside my comfort zone.. This is adorable. I love the soft colors. Something I struggle with.. Great job..

Jeni said...

Oh My! She means business!! Gorgeous card Cathy. Stunning coloring. ~jeni :)

Sheila said...

I've loved everyone of your challenge Cathy, each one has been fab!.
I love your card too, beautiful soft teal combo one of my faves,
stay warm Cathy :-).
Hugs
Sheila xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

I've been away and I'm catching up. I have loved looking at all of the makes I missed but regrettably I don't have time to comment on them all. This one is sooooo pretty that I just had to! Hugs, Lesley

Pat said...

Hey Cathy, darlin...first, let me say that your challenges this month have been the BEST!! I've thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them!! And next...I LOVE your card. It seriously made me LOL...especially when I think of my sister sitting in Minnestoa in more than a foot of snow!! I love this little "Bossy"...Mo is so brilliant!! This little lady is such a stinker...beautifully colored, hun...as always! Your design and DPs are gorgeous...and your sentiment is beyond perfect!! Hugs. Pat Frank

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [25 Feb 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

jkreucher said...

hee hee! perfect sentiment Cathy! What a great card! I Love every little detail!
Hugs
Judy

Elaine L. said...

Cathy, I agree with Pat! The challenges have been great this month!
I love your card! I always find blue and green so soothing, and that sentiment says it all! We just got another ten plus inches yesterday and are due for another storm tomorrow....I've had it!

Heidi Brawley said...

Thanks for the Great challenge to play along with! Love your card. That little girl is soooo darn cute! We had a little bit snow here yesterday if you can believe that in Tucson, AZ. it was really wild!!! TFS!!!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

Turtle In The Sand said...

Love the way you used the colors in this card. Very soothing with a lot of interest. That little girl is perfect for my niece who just had an incident with her 3 year old and red nail polish on the white carpet. When my niece saw the mess, her Maria said in a very authoriative tone, "You better clean this up"! I will have to send her this card. LOL

dj1952 said...

Your card adorable. I've always loved the image, but I wasn't sure how I could use her. Thanks for the inspiration. Love the elements used and especially the flowers. Hugs, dj1952

My email address is texastransplant69 at yahoo.com - I welcome any help on merging two images. Hugs, 1952