Monday, January 30, 2012

Photo Suitcase--What you say?!? Look what I made

I thought the little suitcase that my Sassy cyber friend Barbara, made a few months ago was just beautiful and I have hunted everywhere for the die. Well it turns out it is retired, or at least it is now LOL. so I bought it on ebay last week and it is a die made for the Big Shot which I don't have, and no I am not buying.    I used my cuttlebug and since the die is in two separate sections it works that I can use my cuttle bug plates and build them up with cardboard to make it work.  Hey, you sometimes have to do what you have to do!!!  Anywhoo here is what I created:

I added a trio of handmade roses which I airbrushed to match the dp which is embossed and a band of lace with  a strip of pearls.   

I was thinking what would you put in this little suitcase. You could put some candy,  a gift card but that I had a real thought, it only hurt a little,  Wouldn't this be a cute way to give a group of small photos as a gift to a grandparent or  friend or to display those Senior pictures  you didn't order?  Here is what I came up with as a sample using some of my son's wedding pictures from his wedding last summer.


What I like even more than how cute this is, is the fact that you don't just have another picture frame sitting around but a cute decorative suitcase that will sit on a shelf or coffee table and hold up to 20 pictures depending on the size.  I only printed photos on one side of the paper, but if you were really smart you could do both sides.

I just thought this was so fun and different I couldn't wait to share it.  I am sure I am not the first one to think of this but I have't seen it before, but I don't get out much LOL.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful creative day.

Hugs,
Cathy

3 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

A fabulous creation! Lovely detail on the outside and perfect content too! I bought some TH dies recently and then discovered that I needed a movers and shakers base to make it work. I tried them out with my old lever handled little sizzix machine and two crop stop plates and they worked. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together! Hugs, Lesley

Carla S. said...

What a brilliant project, Cathy! I love this little suitcase and your idea to fill it with photos is so cool! Great design!

Ann English said...

This is incredible, Cathy! Love, love, LOVE it!