Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sew Sassy Challenge

Are you ready for another great Sassy Cheryl's Challenge!!! Our super talented hostess this week is Ms. Judy, who chose the theme Stitching, real or faux. I love to sew on my cards,  sew(couldn't resist ) Here is Callie's Graduation Celebration all stitched up!! :

I thought my graduates would love this image and from my 4 year old pre school graduate Bailey; to my 18 year old graduate, Ashlee;  to her mother, Nichole, (my oldest)  who is earning her Bachelor's degree in Accounting the same day...isn't that awesome.  Congratulations to you all!!!!!  They are all blonde so it fits them all,  and as their mother and grandmother I couldn't be prouder. 

I colored Callie with copic markers and added a trio of dots to add a little interest to her gown.  I mounted the layers together but when I am going to sew them, I only tape in the middle, so I don't gum up my sewing machine needle. 

I sewed the bottom layer with a straight stitch, the middle layer with a zig zag stitch and the image I did a free style stitch just by moving the image through the machine freely...my favorite. 

I accented the image with 3 beautiful hand made rolled roses sponged with pink ink and tied the card with green and white checked gingham ribbon.  I thought the sentiment was perfect for a graduate going out into the world.

Be sure you stop by the Challenge blog to see what the rest of the DT sewed up for you.  I am sure that Sassy Cheryl has something new cooked up for you too!!!

Thanks for stopping by and have I mentioned how good it feels to be back creating Sassy Cheryl's cards again. 

Have a wonderful creative day.

Cathy

9 comments:

Dawn said...

congrats to ALL your grads!!! love this Callie grad card, yummy colors, Cathy!! love all the stitching too!!

Sassy Cheryl said...

WOW. . . . .you have a lot of grads this year! You're right, it's perfect for them all and I ADORE the sentiment. Super cute and I'm loving the colors.
You go girl!

Pat said...

Oh Cathy, Cathy, Cathy...you weren't just happy with one kind of stitch, you had to get all fancy on me, didn't ya?! That's right...rub it in that you know how to work YOUR sewing machine! hehehe! Just kidding (no I'm not...yes I am! hehe!)Hey, congrats on all your upcoming graduations! You have every right to be a proud mama & gramma! Love your card, sugar! So glad you're feeling better...I've missed ya!! Hugs! Pat Frank

Carla S. said...

Wonderful grad card, Cathy! I love the papers and the stitching! Darling image and sweet sentiment!

jkreucher said...

Look at this darling card miss Cathy! I love your fantastic, wild stitching- awesome! and those sweet little roses, the perfect accent.
love everything my friend!
hugs to ya!
Judy

JACKIE M said...

cathy your card id beautiful, especiall the randome stitching framing the image!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Huge Congrats to everyone, Cathy. You're going to need more lovely cards like this one! Hugs, Lesley

terri d said...

Love your card! And how fun for all the family graduates! Again, cute cute card!

Barbara said...

Cathy just love your card and just wanted to say thank you for being such a great friend hugs