Saturday, December 25, 2010

Good Ol Toys!!! Paper Dolls

Hi everybody, are you all ready for Christmas?  I have been making paper dolls for my grand daughters that are the age to enjoy them.  The little girls 3 yo's are getting the vinyl paper dolls I made last month but I decided the 6 and 4 year olds might like them too.  I decided they were old enough for the tabbed clothes and besides that way I could use patterned dp.  The vinyl is really cute but only comes in solid colors.


  Here is what I created for each girl.  I cut two of each piece while I was cutting.  On the upper left side are three different hair styles I cut in Black and Gold, below the hair is a little boy Indian costume.  6 littls shirts are below that.  Upper middle is the paper doll which I cut at 6 inches dressed in the little girl Indian Costume, isn't that just too cute???!!!  Below the Indian Girl are 6 pairs of pants and below that red pajamas and two dresses.  Upper right has a wedding dress two short shires a purple shirt and a mermaid outfit. 

I just noticed the little shoe is falling off the Indian Girl LOL!!!

What do you think?  I think they are adorable.  I hand drew the facial features on the adhesive vinyl which was mounted on the magnetic paper doll body. They can dress them and put them on the fridge or you can play with them on a cookie sheet. 

The Paper Doll Cartridge has hundreds of accessories and dresses and costumes that I will make more later. 
I used the Twinkle Toes cartridge for the vinyl dolls but they were more little ballet outfits but the two little girls think they are Princesses so that will be perfect.

Well, that is all I have to show you tonight.  Merry Christmas to you and your families and I wish you all a Happy Holidays and the best of prospects for the New Year!!!

Hugs,
Cathy

2 comments:

Jeni said...

These are awesome Cathy! Such a thoughtful gift. I'm sure they will love them. ~jeni :)

Turtle In The Sand said...

I used to play for hours with paper dolls. They are perfect travel toys too. Fabulous idea about the cookie sheet and fridge. I bet they would work out of felt on a felt board too! Hmmm another idea stored away for future use. Hugs, Linda