Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Scrabble Family frames I made for Christmas Gifts

Just wanted to show you and tell you about the Scrabble Family Name projects I made each family for Christmas.  Here is a picture of one, as I let them get away before I photographed one of them finished LOL:

Appropriate that this would be the one that I would explain to you, as it is the one that gave me fits, as I just wrote out the names on a piece of paper originally when I came up with the idea,   I used a regular scrabble board and scanned it on my printer which gave me an 8 1/2 X 11 white boardered scrabble board with scrabble on one side.....pretty cool....worked for me....I laid out all of the names and the way I had them originally written one of the names was 2 letters over the edge, I still love ya Bailey LOL ....back to the drawing board of getting the names juggled.  Finally got it to work.  Hurray!!! 

The paper scrabble page was modge podged onto a 10 X 12  piece of cardboard and let dry over night, just a light coat so the paper did not bubble or warp.  I then taped the white line so I could spray paint the outside black and frame the piece in an 11 X 14 frame.    I also airbrushed two metal photo frame corners from gold to brown for each framed piece. 

What do you think?  You don't end up with a full scrabble board and the is not perfect but it turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself....and the kids liked them or they were lieing to me, one or the other :)

The idea was from a fake scrabble wall art piece on Pinterest that I adapted to what I had which was a ton of scrabble pieces I use for card making and crafts...

Hugs
Cathy

1 comment:

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow your scrabble frame is fabulous, Cathy. A stunning idea and beautifully executed! Happy New Year to you! Hugs, Lesley