Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge--Sketch Challenge My favorite

I was very excited to see that Lisa Cook, the Challenge Hostess for January, chose a sketch challenge for this week.  Sketch Challenges are my favorite,  Thanks Lisa for  great challenge for the Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge this week:  Here is my Valentine card using Nessa of the Shy Valentine images:


You are not going to believe me when I say it, but... I watercolored this image using an aqua painter and SU ink pads.  See, I don't ALWAYS use copics!!!
The image and my Regal Rose cs ovals were cut out using my Fiskers oval cutter template. 
The dp and ribbon were all in my stash from last year. 
I looked everywhere for the red heart brads that I know I have but couldn't find, so I used my R29 copic marker to color the white heart brads.

This image is one of 4 Shy Valentines that Mo's Digital Pencil released last week.  There are two boys and two girls. 

Be sure that you check out the rest of the DT projects and play along with us.  The sketch is available here that is to be used for the challenge. 

Thanks for stopping by, always love to have ya.

Happy Coloring,

Cathy

10 comments:

Sheila said...

Hiya Cathy, your card is fab!, love that image.
Have a fab week.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Dawn B. said...

Great job Cathy.

shulsart said...

Adorable card, Cathy. I see we both chose Nessa for our challenge cards today. Love your soft coloring and the heart ribbon is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Love this little girl too!

Mo is the BEST with children, to Valentine-y!

Cute-cute!

Sharri said...

Cathy, this is adorable! I love the image and you colored it beautifully!

Elaine L. said...

What a great card! Your water-coloring is gorgeous and you've used such cute papers!

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Awww...such a sweet card! Love the papers and of course the adorable image xx
Have a fab weekend xx

The Wired Angel said...

Great job with the challenge Cathy. Terrific coloring. Love the watercolors. I think we'll see a lot of this image over the next few weeks!

Thanks for all you do. Hugs, P

Lisa said...

Cathy this is so sweet! I love everything about it!

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous and adorable card!!Beautiful colors.