Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Riley and Company Challenge card--Use buttons!!

Sorry I am two days late posting my Riley and Company first bi-weekly challenge card.  The first challenge is being hosted by Frances, who chose the theme to use buttons on your card.  Simple enough, I have tons of buttons and you probably do too.  Here is my Painter/Artist Riley card:


I used some green and blue dp that looks like it was watercolored and then I over stamped a button collage background stamp and a crayola stamp to carry on the theme of painting and color (in Riley's antler)

I used my label 4 spellbinder dies to cut out the Riley and matting blue label.  I left the Riley image in the die and sponged the blue edging on before I removed it from the die. 
I added a First Prize ribbon button from my stash and two larger buttons from my antique button collection.

Thanks for stopping by and next time I will be on the same page as the rest of the DT.

Be sure to stop by the other DT members blogs if you haven't already, they have some wonderful Riley projects to show you.


Lauri and Patti will be posting their challenge cards in the next day or two.  I'm not the only one having a too full week :)

See you tomorrow with my Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge card.  Yep, tomorrow is Thursday already!!!

Happy coloring,

Cathy


2 comments:

StampOwl said...

this is fabulous Cathy

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the CraftCrave Scrapbooking Challenges & Competitions search engine today (look for timestamp: [28 Jan 02:00pm GMT]).