Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Designing Diva's Monthly Blog Hop--Oldies but Goodies!

Can you believe it is already time for the Monthly Designing Divas  Blog Hop. The recurring theme is, Oldies but Goodies..  Use something you haven't used in  at least 6  months...If you arrived here from the wonderfully talented Chris Dickinson's blog you are in the right spot.  If you are one of my regular followers you might want to start at the beginning of the Blog Hop, which is Melissa Cash, so you don't miss a single creation from this talented group of Designers!!! Now for my creation:

This is one of my all time favorite images from Mo's Digital Pencil called Late. It is so perfect for so many different occassions, I just love the look on his face, he looks tired like me LOL!!!
The image is about a year old and I haven't used it for over 6 months.  I seldom use images more than one or two times but I think I have used Late about 5 times.
He was colored with copic markers and then cut with spellbinder scalloped circle die and I airbrushed the edge with the die still covering the edge.  The pink circle was cut with my Fiskars circle template and because it was a little too pink I sponged over it lightly with vintage photo distress ink which I also did on the scalloped border and base dp.
I tried to keep the design and layout simple but did add 3 flowers I cut from the same dp and made adding a pearl center to coordinate with the pearls on the bow and in the corners.
Thanks for stopping by and I hoped you enjoying seeing Late as much as I enjoyed bringing him to you!!!
I am the caboose on the Blog Hop,  Thanks so  much for hopping along with us today and I hope you have gotten an inspiration or two but I am sure you got one at every single stop, I know I always do.l

Have a wonderful colorful day!!!

17 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

What a sweet image and so beautifully colored. Love this!

heidy said...

Wonderful card ,Cathy
Hugs Heidy

Maria Matter said...

oh this is absolutely gorgeous Cathy!! You're coloring is amazing and your papers are a perfect match!! great job!
this was a fun hop!!!
hugs & blessings!


oh and looky, I'm your 200th follower!! yay!

peg wurth said...

You never fail to amaze me with your shadow coloring and use of embellishments to make eye catching cards.
I look forward to seeing more of your creations.

Peg

Gina Lindsay said...

I love this image too and it is one of my favorites as well. Gorgeous card!

Mary G. said...

Oh, Cathy, this is gorgeous! What a wonderful image!!! And you've colored it beautifully!!! LOVE those handmade flowers! What a great way to end a great hop!!

Vicki said...

Wow, Cathy! This is such a precious card! Wonderful image and the colors are perfect!You ladies slay me with your Copic skills! Great job! Blessings to you!

Elaine L. said...

I love this, Cathy! The fur looks great, and I like the soft colors of the DP.

Sparkly Engineer said...

Fabulous card! The rabbit image is great and I really like the matching flower embellishments

Turtle In The Sand said...

Oh so very pretty. Years ago I made a friend a Belated Birthday card using the Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland (Before the new movie version even came out). Love this digi though better than the one I used.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I can see why you love this image- so sweet- and awwww he does look tired......Your coloring is beautiful- love the whisped frame and your rolled flowers.

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card Cathy!! What a cute image and those rolled roses are very cool, I need to try that.

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh so many details to gaze at! Love your beautiful coloring, your rolled roses are lovely too!

Unknown said...

wow, you do beautiful work Cathy.

Cindy said...

Cathy, OMG!! I love everything about your card!! THe image is darling!! YOur coloring is fabulous!! I love the layout and paper!! Just awesome!!!

Heather Huggins said...

Beautiful. Love those flowers!!

Unknown said...

Your cards always make my jaw drop. I love this image and this cards. The little flowers are so perfect.