Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sassy Cheryl's Challenge--Nature!

Happy Tuesday all you Sassy lovers!!!  This week the awesomely talented Tracey is our hostess, for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge,  and she has chosen the theme Nature.  Here is what I created:

I think I should call this card,  Funky flowers Bunch 2 meets Vintage, LOL. I like the contrast.  The image was colored with copic markers and airbrushed around the border.  The image was then mounted on orange which was off-set on the olive green panel.  The print dp is from a paper pack called Sera Sera by K & Co.  
I added a band of my new found natural netting which I overlayed with orange and white gingham check unto which a  button was mounted. The button was tied with yard,.
I found the cute butterfly punch at Target, it was a two pack of punches, the butterfly and
half inch circle.  Three of the butterfly and circles were added in the upper right corner of the main image. 
The edge was swagger stitched with my sewing machine.
Be sure to check out the rest of the DT creations and then stop by the Sassy Cheryl Store and see the new super cute images she has created for this week!!!  Can I just say CUTE!!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Cathy

6 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

Funky meets vintage! LOVE IT!!!
I love the colors you chose for the flowers. And I love the stitching. WOW!!!
Hope all of these 'nature' cards bring an early spring.

Kim said...

This is so pretty with your dp, and the stitching!!!

Jeni said...

Beautiful Cathy! Love that netting. Great find on the butterfly punch. ~jeni :)

Tracy said...

Wow, this must have taken you ages to colour, love the vintage feel to your card
xox
Tracy

Dawn said...

looks like they were so happy to SRPING out of the ground and bloom! great card

Jodi said...

What a wonderful nature card!! It's both pretty and funky all at the same time. Really cool!!
Hugs
Jodi=)