Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge--Back to School

It's time for another Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge and Debbie has another wonderful challenge for us this week..  Back to School.  I was so excited I get to use this darling little cutie called To School

This little cutie could have been any one of my three girls going to school as they were all blonde at that age.  I might have  french braided their hair LOL.    The image was colored with copic markers, sponged with distressed ink and then, I brought up my sewing machine, all the way from under the desk...I should do it more often as I really love the look of stitches on the card but can we say lazy....
I thought the checked dp was perfect for this little school girl and used the same piece for the fan flower.  The little school bus in the upper left corner was cut from a cricut cartridge as I just through it was the perfect embellishment and I could make it the size I wanted.  I didn't have the right color card stock so I used a copic marker to over color the bus after I had it assembled with the black accent pieces. 
 If you have little ones and are looking for a perfect little image to use for a picture frame or scrapbook page these are the perfect images and they come in boy and girl images with straight and curly hair. Mo always thinks of everyone!!! While you are in the Store be sure to look at all the new images Mo has been creating, the houses and Come Hither and Hocus are amazing!!!
Be sure to stop by the Challenge Blog and check out the rest of the DT creations, I know you will love them, grab an image and play along, we love to see your creations and someone will win a gift certificate for a free image or two.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Cathy

7 comments:

Pat said...

Hey Cathy...great minds think alike, darlin'!! This little sweetheart is one of my new faves...I have so many new faves! LOL!! Your coloring is stunning...and I wish I had done the shadows under her right foot like you did! You can bet I'll do that next time! You really are such an inspiration for me, Cathy!! Big hugsss...Pat

Carla S. said...

Adorable card, Cathy! I love this cute image! TYour coloring and details are terrific!

Debbie said...

This is fantastic... I love the sewing on your card, at least I dragged mine out of the closet, but I still haven't used it... I love the affect.. looks so so pretty and your coloring as always is beautiful. I miss those back to school days, don't you?

Hugs
Debbie

Jeni said...

Cathy, this is adorable! Your coloring is always so beautiful. Great stitching...I'm jealous. ~jeni :)

Elaine L. said...

This is so cute, Cathy! I love blue gingham with yellow....it's such a fresh look. Love the letters and the little bus, too!

fairysparkle said...

Hey Cathy thats the image im going to get great minds and all .You have captured that setting off for school .x

Heather Huggins said...

Oh she's so cute!!