Friday, June 11, 2010

I did a SCS Sketch Challenge Yeah Me!!! LOL


I had colored some images last week-end and wasn't sure what I wanted to create so I headed over to the SplitCoastStampers website to see what the Sketch Challenge was this week.  I thought it fit my Daddy's Girl image from Mo's Digital Pencil so I created this card:

I had colored Daddy's Girl in  hot pink and orange, I love those colors for little girls. 
The dp is from a K&Company paper matte pack called Citronella, such fun summer colors!!
The sketch was followed exactly, what's up with that, I always turn it or change something LOL!!!
I punched the top rectangles with MS border punches to add a little interest.  I thought I had been really clever and then after I created my card to the SCS Gallery I happened to glance at challenge samples and one of the ladies had done the same thing,  Oh, well I guess it was a good idea HUH!!!
The buttons were added because I didn't really like the stark corners of the punched pieces and it brought out the yellow and orange a bit.
The pink flower is a large prima I had purchased at Tuesday Morning a few weeks ago and I added a crepe flower for the center because they are so fun to make ( and easy too).  Thanks again Cammie for the tutorial on how to make them!!!
Thanks for stopping by.
It has been a long couple of weeks at work, I have just completed 9 straight days of work, I have a day off and then I start another 6 straight days, what's up with that!!!  The paycheck's will be nice if I live to spend them LOL!!!
To be honest it is the most fun job I have had since I started at Marriott and although I have always loved working at the Reservation Center the jobs do tend to be a little repetative.  The new project that started in April is a new Chat line where rather than people sending in emails to get their questions answered about the website and their Rewards log in issues they can Chat.  Imagine chatting with 3 people at the same time trying to answer their questions.  Tonight I worked 7 hours and answered 108 chat sessions.  Then I come home and do my blog and comment on DT Challenge cards...Maybe I am nuts but I love it all!!!
Enough babble,

Thanks for stopping by,  love to have you.

Cathy

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Don't work too hard, chickee!

LOVE the card! What an adorable image - and so nicely done!