Saturday, January 15, 2011

Another image from the Katie Benefit bundle!!

There are so many companies which were so gracious as to donate images for the Katie Benefit going on this month.  I have always loved swings of all kinds so when I saw this image from Make it Crafty I knew it would be one of the first I colored.  What do you think:

I have to admit that I got the new I-rock tool today and had to use it, whether it really fit the image or not is still up for debate.  
This gorgeous swing image was donated by Make it Crafty and as always I colored it with copic markers.  I airbrushed the blue around the edges to soften the white a little.  I did add some flower soft to the flowers under and around the swing legs.
The dp is a new pack I got at Archivers today,  I needed some lighter more spring-like colors and this pack has lots of choices.  
If you have not read the reason for the Katie Benefit you can check out the details on Jak Heath's blog.  Katie was diagnosed just before Christmas with stage 4 stomach cancer and this is a way to help her and her family in whatever little way we can.  
I have 3 more images colored from the images available and as I get the cards made I will show them to you.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great week-end.

Cathy

5 comments:

ursula Uphof said...

Such a lovely card Cathy, just want to hop on that swing and do what you said. "relax". I also have all these, just need to get some cards made now.

liza said...

gorgeous card and fabulous image cathy,for such a great cause,she is a very brave and strong lady
love n hugs
liza
xox

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Cathy. I love how the two hearts meet at the back of the swing.. Great card.

Barbara said...

Very lovely! That was one of my favorite images from the pack.

Renkata said...

So pieceful and amazing.