Friday, April 8, 2011

Beautiful Spring Trees--Just Inklined

This beautiful tree image is perfect for a Just Because card.   Three Trees from Just Inklined is a wonderful trio of trees which can be used alone or in a group to create a beautiful scene. Here is what I created:


The trees were colored with copic markers and the clouds and sky were airbrushed as was the grassy areas  under the trees.  To not detract from the beauty and simplicity of the trees I only added a couple  of wraps of bakers twine on the left side and a new felt flower I created.
The felt flower was a totally fun flower to create using my cricut.  I had been wondering if I could cut felt flowers with my cricut and the instructions and comments in the cricut forums were mixed so I decided to try it, what did I have to lose right?  I had to buy some Heat n Bond Ulttra hold backing which I found, with a little help, at Hobby Lobby.  You iron the paper onto the back of the felt and then put it on the cricut mat and cut.
I used the settings of 6 blade, 2 speed and 6 pressure and multi-cut two.  I made the flowers 1.5 inches and I am not sure you could make them too much smaller but thruogh they were okay.  What do you think?  I like the way they turned out.  I used the Mother's Bouquet cartridge flowers and leaves.
Be sure to stop by the LePasche store and see the newest images Just Inklined has for you, they are awesome. Some Alice in Wonderland and Easter and just some totally cute images  as always.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Cathy

5 comments:

Toni said...

beautiful Cathy its lovely

heidy said...

Oh wow Cathy,this is gorgeous!
Hugs Heidy

Jeni said...

What a great card Cathy. Your air brushed sky is flippin' awesome. Haven't tried to cut fely on my Cricut yet, thanks for the helpful tips. ~jeni :)

Turtle In The Sand said...

I just love trees I think they are so peaceful. They don't need much embellishment. Flowers are great!

Jak Heath said...

beautiful, it's so dreamy.