Monday, April 11, 2011

Vintage Dress Form --Back to my crafting roots!!!

When I first started making cards I was more into Vintage than anything else. That was a little before the rest of the crafting world decided it was really cool LOL.  Sometimes I just have to go back and create something I refer to as Modern Vintage...My way:

I love dress forms but I prefer the wire framed ones and looked at the free SVG files on the internet until I found one I really liked.  Thanks  T. Mason for the free file. 
I used my Sure Cuts a Lot software to resize it to fit a card and cut two one in black cs and the other in a beautiful vintage rose  floral cs by K & Company.  The dress makers book cover was a free clip art I printed onto my cs and then I printed my sentiment on the left side leaving room to put my dress form.
The scissors are from the Sentimentals cartrridge for my cricut expression. 
The Tim Holtz clock mask was perfect to go with my sentimet and I sponged distress ink around the mask.
a bit of lace, some faux vintage buttons a brown checked bow and ribbon a strand of ivory pearls and my vintage dress form card is done.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day

Cathy

3 comments:

Turtle In The Sand said...

Totally awesome details in this vintage card Cathy. You do really good work GF.

Jeni said...

Cathy, this is fabulous! Love all the vintage embellishments. Do you like your Sure Cuts a Lot software? I really want to do more with my cricut. ~jeni :)

Cynthia said...

This is lovely, Cathy! I'm also a Vintage junkie!