Friday, April 19, 2013

My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge

Every week on Wednesday, My Favorite Things has a new Sketch Challenge and I very seldom get a chance to play along, but for some strange reason this week I had new MFT stamps, dies and time so decided to play along :) so I did:


I love the Pure Innocence kids and Little birdie Told Me was just too irresistable when I was placing my Die- Namics order the other night so she just jumped into my cart along with Hang in There, which I may use soon, time permitting.   I cut out this little darling, which I colored with copics and mounted her on some plaid dp which I thought coordinated beautifully with the pink polka dot I had chosen for the pendants required for the sketch.
The flower is also one of my new dies which I kind of revamped to suit myself, it is the Hibiscus and you are really only supposed to use one layer but I like to use 3 and scrunch them up and make a different type flower out of it  The angle of the photo makes it look a little disproportionate, but IRL it is not.
I had tons of fun taking time to play in the challenge and hope to get this sent to one of my friends one of these days.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful creative day.

Cathy

2 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely card, the little girl is so cute. Colouring is great, love it, Kate d

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovely Cathy! These PI images are so adorable and I love your pretty flower too! Hugs, Lesley