Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Christmas Tree? Lumberjack Riley

I wanted to use some of my Riley Stamps that I got from Kristi before she sold the Riley and Sophie stamps to StampersInk.  You can't really have a lumberjack Riley without a bunch of trees, can you?  Here is what I came up with:


I used two different tree stamps to get the evergreen style tree look I wanted and then colored the trees and Riley with copic markers.  I really think that Riley should have on a red plaid flannel shirt and jeans but I didn't take the time to draw them in, maybe next time.  I have been known to dress Riley when he didn't come with clothes

I used some of my Eskimo Kisses dp that I didn't think detracted from the main image :).  The main image has been mounted on green and then red cardstock, which is also the same layering for the card base.

I was going to add a sentiment something to the effect of "Oh, Christmas Tree" but I decided to leave it blank for now.
The poinsetta flower was cream colored and I sponged the edge with red ink and added a red satin bow under the main image.
If you haven't stopped by the new home of Riley and Sophie, Riley and Company, be sure to do so, you can just click on the Riley in my sidebar to go to the new site :) There a several Riley stamps that were not available while Riley was under Hanna Stamps as they were going to be released the month or two after Kristi made the decision to sell.

I know that this stamp is not new, but it is new to me and I wanted to play, so I did  LOL.

See you all tomorrow.  I am sure that I will have an Artistic Outpost card and a Terrible Two image from Mo's Digital Pencil.

Happy Coloring

Cathy


1 comment:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very cute Riley card! TFS