Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Christmas-Snowy Woods

I wanted to use the beautiful vintage sled from the Artistic Outpost Snowy Woods stamp set.


Snowy Woods is a wonderful stamp set with so many stamps and sentiments that you could make all of your Christmas Cards and have a great variety of cards when you got done.
I wanted to use this beautiful vintage sled with Christmas cargo.  The wreath, package and calendar page are all included in the set. 
the stamped image was colored with copic markers keeping the shading and brightness of the colors to a minimum as I wanted a little bit of a vintage feel. I wanted to make a pretty tag for the sentiment so I created the tag above with a MS corner punch.  A SU ribbon punch was then used to punch the slots for the ribbon to run through and tie, creating a nice bow and tieing the tag  pieces together.
The dp is Basic Grey  Eskimo Kisses  rooftop which I chose because of the cute little village scene.
The red check ribbon looks pretty traditional with the sentiment and sled.
The sparkle on the card is MS glitter which I glued on to look like sled runner tracks and snow drifts.  You can't really see the glitter very well unless you double click on the picture.  The snowflakes are punched with a MS snowflake punch and covered with MS glitter.
Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow.

Cathy

1 comment:

Debby said...

I so admired this on the AO blog and I didn't. I do love how you used the sled, which had me baffled, and the present, which I can't find, the Happy Christmas, which I also can't find. I don't have a wreath either. It seems I am missing 1/2 my set. My goodness. Anyway, everything came together beautifully and I love it.