Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sassy Cheryl's Challenge #2

Thanks to everybody who played in the First Sassy Cheryl's Challenge.  It was awesome to have so many of you play along.  This week is just as much fun so be sure you play along with the sketch challenge created for our playing pleasure by Tracy.  Here is what I came up with:

This super cute image is called No Girls Allowed.  I added the wall behind the boy and the try-out flyer freehand.  I knew that I had gotten this cute basketball dp last year for some reason LOL. 
I followed the sketch to a T.  Kind of unusual for me not to turn it or do something to make it look a little different (not intentional usually)
The basketballs were punched form the dp with a punch that was just a little larger than the bb and created kind of a cool border IMO.
I know that I colored the girls bb uniform pink and used burgandy dp but I didn't want to re-color the girl and wanted to use the dp.  I am either lazy or creative, take your pick, I'm going with creative :P

Sassy Cheryl, will be offering a 5.00 gift certificate to her store to the winner of the random drawing from the participants of the challenge. 
Did you happen to pick up the darling freebie that Cheryl gave to the members of the PCP group when her membership hit 200, it is a super cute image, but then all of Sassy Cheryl's images are cute.
Just in case there was any doubt the image was colored with copic markers.
Be sure to check out the rest of the DT member blogs for their challenge cards and then go play with some of the awesome images and create a card for this sketch challenge!!!  Can't wait to see what you create.

I was just at Sassy Cheryl's Store and she has added a bunch of new absolutely must have stamps, be sure you check them out!!!

Thanks for stopping by

Happy Coloring

Cathy

14 comments:

Dawn said...

omgoodness Cathy! how cute is that!!! your paper is perfect (don't you love when you can finally use stuff you bought for whatever reason!!) and the basketballs... cute,cute,cute!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Love this one! I'd tell him to go blow it out his ear. :)
Great job as always!

Marlene said...

How adorable!! I'm lovin' it!!!!! (I'd tell him to blow it out his ear, too, but I can't shoot a basket to save my life.)

Dawn B. said...

I have 3 six foot daughters and they all played basketball.. I love this card.. Great job.

mckinkle said...

Fab card Cheryl!
Keryn :)

Alina said...

it's a gorgeous card, Cathy, I love your basketballs!!
hugs, Alina

Kim said...

Great card!!!!

Vicki G said...

Cathy, this is so cute!!! Love your colouring and hoping that all is well with you!

Hugs

Vicki

Jodi said...

This is a great image for basketball players! Love the pretty coloring you did on this!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy! this card is awesome.. love the dp and your wall and tryout sentiment... perfect finishing touch!
as always~ great cooring!
hugs to ya!
judy

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

Cathy super cute. I like the pink color on the girl, cuz it contrast the boy nicely. Love!

Tracy said...

You did a fab job with the sketch Cathy. Love your card.
Hugs
Tracy

JACKIE M said...

Great card and beautiful colouring.

Jackie =0)

The Wired Angel said...

Your card is darling and very creative Cathy! Beautifully done.