Monday, November 10, 2008

Another Busy Weekend!?!

Boy, another busy busy week-end is about to come to an end. I can go back to work to relax , just kidding.

Here is a card that I made using the Cozy and Warm Christmas set from GinaK Designs for the Saturday Challenge on the newly recreated Paper Craft Planet website.



Isn't this the cutest little girl all bundled up to play in the snow. I had colored her with copic markers and then tried to find some designer paper to match, no such luck. What to do? I decided to create my own matching paper using my Copic Airbrush system. I used the greens and blues that I had used for the jacket and sprayed them on a piece of white cardstock until I had just the right color. I let it dry just a little bit and then I used my cuttlebug and Quikutz cookie cutter circle to cut out the green scalloped edge circle. I used my Fiskars circle cutter to cut the orange circle and also to cut out the main colored image.

Next for the challenge I needed a second piece of designer paper on the left side. I embossed showflakes on white cardstock and then once again used my airbrush to create the soft marbled tones on the left hand side. The airbrushed ink doesn't wipe off the embossed snowflakes just by rubbing like it does with regular stamp pad ink so I used some Blender solution on a qtip to gently remove the color, just a swipe does it. I also airbrushed the same coral color on the edges of the right side cardstock piece and used the versamark pad a watermarked Joy randomly on the right side.

I sewed the layers onto my main piece of cardstock and then popped my main image up on 3 pieces of mounting tape for dimension. I added the piece of 1/8th inch ribbon to the center to make it not quite so plain, I think it worked.

The challenge was supposed to have a sentiment piece in the lower right section of the card but I just stamped the same Joy I had used for the watermarks in black ink instead.

This was a fun challenge to do. I look forward to doing the challenges on saturday since I am not usually too busy that day.

I finally finished my swap cards and they are postal, Yeah! I also almost have my Christmas card order done for my manager, just 5 more to finish assembling.

Have a good week and I will add some more pictures and things that I have been working on tomorrow night.

Take care,

Cathy

\

No comments: