Sunday, November 2, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

Boy, what a busy but nice weekend. I had quite a bit of time for stamping but I am working on Land Cruise swap cards which are almost done. I am also working on a Christmas Card order which I should have done by tomorrow night. I'll post pictures of those cards when I get them done.

I got this stamped image as a hand out at the Copic Certification class that I took in Kansas City a few weeks ago. I didn't color the image until I got home. I love this type of image to color and can spend hours creating the detail. I finally got around to creating a card from the colored image. The Thomas Kincaid stamps are available at Cornish Heritage Farms and are available in mounted or unmounted.
I sponged the border of the Thomas Kincaid image with Basic Brown ink from Stampin Up. I mounted this image on River Rock which was also sponged with Basic Brown ink. The main piece of Cardstock for the card base is textured Chocolate Chip which I had purchased at Michaels. I stamped the small leave silhouette stamp from the Fresh Cuts Stampin Up stamp set using basic brown ink.
To finish the look I used a one inch wide piece of dotted swiss white organdy ribbon that I slipped through a flower slide which was a bulk buy item from Stampin Up. I think it added just the right touch without distracting from the image.
I hope you all have a great week and I will "talk" to you tomorrow.
Cathy

2 comments:

Jana said...

WOW your coloring is amazing!!!!! Great job!!

Sandra MacLean said...

Hey there! This is a gorgous card! I love your coloring! Thanks so much for adding me to your blog list! :)