Saturday, November 15, 2008

Something to Crow About!


The rooster says it all. I have something to crow about but I am reduced to a cackle. I still can't tell you who I am the guest design team member for. I hope to be able to let you know later in the week-end.
I know that I haven't posted for a couple of days, been busy cleaning my house, yeah, I know what's up with that? Well, I had a couple of girls/ladies coming over for a Name Frame workshop on Friday. They made some really cute name frames, now I just need to get busy and get mine done that I am giving as Christmas presents.
I guess I should tell you a little bit about this rooster. I got some Ranger Distressed inks today and was experimenting. I want to use them with my copic markers, since they are both alcohol based. I think I accomplished my mission. I stamped the rooster with the Ranger Distressed color, vintage photo, then I colored the rooster using the Copic marker Gradiant technique. I love the effect this technique gives to the feathers and the smooth transition of colors smoothly blended into each other. I probably color my roosters more brightly than they naturally are but I like them that way and I use the sponged background to tone the color down a little. I used 4 different Ranger alcohol inks to sponge the background.
I punched the corners using my Stampin Up ticket punch and added antique brass brads in each corner of the main image. I tied a piece of brown satin ribbon around the bottom of the main image. I wanted ribbon but I wanted the rooster to be the focal point of the card. I added the hand written sentiment which I used a regular hole punch in the center of the yellow sentiment strip as the placement for my brads.
I can't believe that I had time on a Saturday to say hi and to let you know that I will tell you which company I get to work with as soon as they give me the OK!
Have a great week-end and thanks for looking.

Cathy

No comments: