Sunday, November 23, 2008

Coffee Anyone?

Anyone who knows me knows that I love coffee. Gina K Designs introduced this new set in her November Release Party and of course I had to have it.

I didn't really have the money to buy any sets during the release party so I decided to do the challenges that they always have during the release party. The prize for being the random drawing winner from the entries is a stamp set of your choice. The only way I was going to get one right now, so I got busy and made something for each challenge.

A while back I posted the three challenge creations. I never win anything but it is still fun and I did some techniques on the cards and scrapbook page that I had never done before, so it is a learning process as well. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Long story short, I actually won Melanie Muenchinger's challenge drawing. We were to use as many different GinaK Design stamps as we wanted on one card. I used 5 stamps from 4 different sets. Sorry, I am rambling, I won the challenge and decided that my free set would be the My Cuppa Joe set and then in a couple of weeks I will order the To a Tee sayings because I need them to go with my Just so Sporty set.

Back to the card way up at the top. I stamped the cup, circle and cupcakes on the plate on white cardstock and colored them using the Copic Gradiant technique in blue and lavendar. I cut each image out and glued them to a white card stock base. I wanted a little more color so I used a left over edge of a lavendar top note die panel and cut each end about an inch wide. I then glued the two ends together. I tied a piece of grosgrain ribbon over the top of that. I had dyed the ribbon a while back.

I popped the You're Cool Beans circle up on a piece of mounting foam and my card was done. Took me longer to write about it than to make it.

My family are all coffee drinkers so I think that I am going to make coffee note cards for Christmas gifts.

I have to get busy now and clean my house. I am having 16 people here for Thanksgiving and I have to work through Wednesday night so I only have my evenings to get stuff done.

Hope you all have a great week and I will post again tomorrow.

Cathy

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Love those colors and the design!