Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I am finally back on schedule--I think!



I know that my posts have been a little sporadic this week but hopefully I am back on schedule. I finished my 40 Christmas Team cards for my former manager, Cathy. I used the Christmas Blessings set from GinaK Designs to create the cards.



This is just a sampling of the 40 cards that I made. They are a little simple because of two things, I needed to keep the cost down for Cathy but still wanted pretty cards. Most importantly, they are for people who although they appreciate getting Christmas cards from their manager they may not necessarily appreciate the individual creation factor. I do it for Cathy because she wants her "team" to have something special from her because she truly cares about each and every one of them.


I have some challenge cards that I am working on and one example is this card:


The challenge drawing will be tonight I think. The challenge was to use either Little T's or Just so Sporty designed by Melanie Muenchinger sold at GinaK Designs and create a card. I created the card as a Support for Breast Cancer Awareness with words of inspiration scattered over the front of the card. I colored the hoodie with copic markers, stamped CHEER on the front which stands for Cheer for Life and attached a pink awareness ribbon to the front of the hoodie. The winner of the drawing will win one of Melanie's new stamp sets being released this coming Thursday night at the monthly GinaK Designs release party on Splitcoast Stampers website.

I know that people are visiting my blog because my counter moves up about 30-50 numbers per day but a lot of people just look and don't leave comments, or I just haven't created anything comment worthy lately. Wonder which it is? I think a lot of people, myself included, have been spending a lot of their free time on Paper Crafter Planet uploading photos and there are lots of activities going on at that site. I have to force myself to stay off sometimes because you can spend hours looking at all of the different companies that I am just discovering.

Speaking of new companies, at least new to me, Artistic Outpost is a site that I just ordered two new stamp sets from over the week-end. Their style of stamps seems to be more vintage and I think I am going to love them, I am just awaiting my confirmatio notice that they have shipped, hopefully tomorrow. You can find the website here: Artistic Outpost I think you will like what you see. I ordered Blue Birds and Serenity. Believe me you will see examples this week-end if the stamps come Friday or Saturday.

Gonna call it a night and package up my cards for Cathy so I remember to take them to work with me tomorrow.

Goodnight

Cathy

No comments: