Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fun Challenge on Paper Planet

Sorry I have not posted anything for a few days, life has taken over and gotten in the way of creativity. Now that just has to stop. Here is a card I made tonight for Jessica 's Challenge to make a thank you card for someone special to you.


I love this flower from Botanical Dreams that I bought from GinaK Designs a few months ago. I chose these colors as more fall tones. I mounted the flower image on an orange mat and then the orange mat on Always Artichoke and then mounted that on another orange.

I have seen a couple of really pretty cards in the past couple of days using a corner punch to create a circle with pretty cut out center. Looks like I spent hours cutting this out, Yeah right, you all know me better than that. Becca is the name of the lady on Split Coast Stampers that I watched a tutorial on how to create this circle cutout and it is really very easy once you have done one right. I punched the same corner punch in the upper right hand corner of the flower image to draw the image and sentiment circle together. I punched the corner in the orange layer beneath the flower panel for more dimention. I added 3 dew drops in the corner to accentuate the corner punch.

I added a dew drop to the corner design for a little added texture and dimension, it just seemed too plain.

I almost forgot to mention that I stamped the large flower from the Botanical Dreams set in the same Always Artichoke ink for my background and sponged around the edges with the same.

We'll see how they like it. The challenges are lots of fun to do and stretch my brain to think beyond itself.

Have a great Thursday and I should post something more tonight.

Cathy

No comments: