Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Charmed Life--Days of Wine and Roses!

I had decided that I wanted to make a name frame using Melanie Muenchinger's A Charmed Life stamps. I knew that I wanted to use the Wine Glass, the rose from A Year of Flowers and the Exclamation stamps from A Charmed Life. Once I said wine and roses together I remember how I have always like the song Day's of Wine and Roses by Henry Mancini (most of you probably have no idea who Henry Mancini is) and my Theme Frame idea was born and here is the final result:


First I wanted a piece of sheet music of Days of Wine and Roses. I didn't have one so I went to the internet and downloaded a "free" easy piano version. I printed it on GP white cardstock.
I cut the sheet music to 5X5.
I knew that I also wanted to use Emily Giovanni's beautiful Rich and Shabby digital paper that I purchased the night of the GinaK Designs Release Party. It is so beautiful. I print it off on the GP white cardstock so that it is thick enough to have some stability. For this project I used the bold stripe and the pink flowered from the download.
I stamped the wine glass on a sheet of transparency and stamped the rose, stem, 2 rose leaves, and the Exclamation sentiments on white cardstock. I colored the wine in the glass and the heart charm burgundy. I colored the rose, leaves, and stem(my favorite beautiful rose), from A Year of Flowers, with copic markers and cut them out.
I cut my base chipboard piece 5X12 and placed my 3 pieces of dp on the base. I put the striped dp at an angle for interest.
When adding the embellishments to the project you have to remember that the base will be under the edge of the frame about 1/4 inch all the way around so if you put an embellishment right on the edge it will not be seen.
On the left music panel I placed a piece of vintage lace on the left side and used my corner rounder punch to scallop the right edge. I placed the rose stem and leaves so they would sit under the wine glass stem. I adhered my acetate wineglass by using my tape runner on the wine section so it would not show through. I added a strand of tiny pearls to appear to be laying on the table over the base of the wine glass. I then placed my rose blossom on the panel.
The middle section I usually leave a little more plain. I tied a bow in the shimmery pink ribbon and left the tails long enough to cascade onto the other two panels. I glued a medium half pearl to the center of the large heart charm and attached it under the bow. I used pop dots to attach the tails of the ribbon in the places I wanted. I placed one sentiment on the center section
On the right section I placed a strip of ribbon and pearls on the angled side. I adhered them with ribbon tape from SU. I then added a key charm to the tail of the pink ribbon and placed my sentiments angled around the panel with a tiny half pearl on each sentiment.
I placed a half pearl on each scallop on the left panel and my Days of Wine and Roses Theme Frame was ready to frame.
The frame is a 3.00 frame from WalMart :O I tried for months to find frames like this before WalMart started carrying them and although this is my favorite you can get them in black and oak as well.
I submitted this to Donna's 3D challenge for GinaK Designs StampTV for March which was to make a 3D project that you will give as a gift, tell why and to whom.
I will be back right after midnight tonight with another Send in the Clowns preview for Artistic Outpost. See you then.
Thanks for stopping by!
Cathy

2 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

So pretty I Love it ,is it for you ? or someone else?

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh my Goodness!! This is such a work of art Cathy! What a wonderfully creative idea! Love everything about it!