Thursday, March 5, 2009

Jessica's Sketch Challenge at StampTV


Jessica's sketch challenge, for StampTV, was to make a rather simple card. One rectangle main panel(layered of course) and a ribbon.
I have been wanting to do the faux silk technique and bought the tissue paper for it months ago, just didn't do it until tonight. I really like the way it turned out.
I used my Owl Always Love You stamp set by GinaK Designs for the main image. This image was colored with Koh-I-Nor pencils and OMS, yeah I know I do occassionally use other mediums besides copic markers.
The simple basics of the faux silk technique are to take a piece of tissue paper and crumple it up. I really wadded mine up into a ball and then smoothed it out. I cut a pice of cardstock 5.5X4.3 and took some Elmer's white glue and watered it down a little and brushed it on the white cs. I then laid the tissue paper onto the cs and pressed it down. I tried to make it smooth without taking the crinkled texture out of the tissue paper.
I thought it was a little more plain than I wanted to I took a piece of white copy paper weight designer paper and punched out my EK leav branch all around the outside at different angles. I then glued this piece onto my original tissue paper layer. I crumpled up one more piece of tissue paper and after applying another layer of watered down glue I pressed the final piece of tissue paper onto the punched out layer.
I word of warning, you can not cut the tissue paper with your straight edge cutter, it rips, don't ask me how I know that :)
I sponged the owl image edges with Rose distress ink by Tim Holtz. Layered the owl on pink cs and the pink on always artichoke cs I had left from Cindy's color challenge last week.
The final step was to tie the pretty sheer pink ribbon on the bottom and stamp Happy Birthday in the upper left corner.
Wonderful 15 minute card. Thanks for the wonderful challenge Jessica.
My friend Lynn, Guest DT member for Artistic Outpost as well, had this comment challenge on her blog and I really want something that she has personally handcrafted so I am doing it as well. Here are the rules:
Hurry first 5 commentators only!!

I saw this over on my blogging friend Lynn's blog Trash to Treasure Art and just had to comment about it. ,so as the rules go. I am posting it for all of you. Sounds like a lot of fun! No anonymous comments for this, I moderate comments, so leave your email address in your comment and I will get with you for your address to mail your prize.! (P.S...I won't post your email address on my blog ,just your comment.)The first 5 people to comment will receive something handmade by me.But there is a catch... Here are the rules:1. Its my choice what to make...and it will be a surprise!!2. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make, but I hope you do!!3.What I create will be just for you...completely original :)4.It will be done this year. (That's what the rules say, but I'll have it done in less than a month.)5 Now for the catch. The catch is you must re-post this on your blog and offer the same giveaway to the first 5 people who do the same on your blog.Its all about sharing the Love!! Be sure to post a link, cuz I WILL check your blog! "wink"
I will be posting rather sporatically this week as I have a lot of stuff on my plate that I can't share at the moment.
See you tomorrow, Happy Stamping!
Cathy

No comments: