Saturday, March 14, 2009

StampTV Challenge Card

It has been nearly a week since I did a challenge card so I decided to try to get a couple completed. Here is the first: Cammie hosted the color challenge on StampTV this week and the challenge was to use red, pink and black. What do you think?



I colored the iris's from Floral Frenzy, the StampTV stamping kit from GinaK Designs, with my copic markers. I used 3 shades of pink and one red(that is my red color for the challenge). I mounted the image on bright pink cs, and mounted that on black cs.

I ordered the Rich and Shabby digital paper pack created by Emily Giovanni after the GinaK Designs release party on Thurs. night and downloaded and printed it tonight after work. It is so beautiful. The bright pink flowers were perfect for this challenge. I mounted that on black and my card base is white.

I kept the embellishments to a minimum. Black and white checked ribbon is from Michaels, a black photo mount attached with a pink brad and black marker used for the faux stitching around the pink flowered panel and the corners of the main image.

My girls will not believe it but I am actually going to give this card to my niece for her bridal shower that I am attending tomorrow. Her wedding colors are pink with black accents, this will be perfect. Perfect timing of this challenge Cammie.

The reason that I make cards is that I love to color and create, I don't have to have any other reason.

Tonight I am going to post another card using Melanie Muenchinger's A Charmed Life set and even do a short picture tutorial of how I created the focal point of the image. That is all the details you get for tonight. I don't think you will be disappointed if you stop back to see what it is.

Thanks for stopping by and see you tonight.

Cathy

2 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

I love it! First, I think the colors are glorious, and then I love the simplicity of your card because it features that flower and the good coloring!

Melanie said...

love the trim of white you left around each flwoer, makes the color really POP!