Friday, October 31, 2008

Maybe I got a little a little bright?

Maybe I got a little bright on this picture. I didn't have any patterned paper to match the orange and purple so I decided to use my Fiskars border punch to create a pattern. The snowman is covered with the Sukura Stardust Glitter pen as is the snow and footprints under the girl and snowman. The glitter picked up the red from the nose and mouth and makes it look like the snowman has chapped lips , but it looks only silver IRL.

It is a little harder to punch the border so that you have an even border, I need to practice that some more but I like the effect. I hid the corners that didn't come out close enough with my new Sateen flowers I got in my order today from GinaK Designs, Yep her store has it all!
The Sateen flowers are really neat, they have a sheen and you can color them with your copic markers and the sheen comes through the coloring. It doesn't show up very good in the picture as the glitter on the snowman and the flower petals kind of messed up the true color of the snowman as it picked up some red that isn't actually there. I may try to take another picture in the daylight. Yeah, I know some people take pictures in the daytime but I usually only have time for making cards and taking pictures late at night.
I am sure that you will be seeing a few more cards made with this darling set in the next few days.
GinaK Designs has wonderful service. I was looking on her store site Monday night late and noticed that she had the Momento Tuxedo Black full size ink pads in stock. I have tried for a month to order them and they are always sold out so I hurried up and started an order. I got 2 Momento black ink pads, 2 packages of the darling Sateen flowers, and 2 Sukura Stardust Glitter pens. My order was about 18 dollars and GinaK Designs has free shipping with a 35 dollar order so I just had to get the Cozy and Warm Christmas stamps that I had been wanting since the Release Party previews at the beginning of the month. I placed my order late Monday night and they were in my mailbox today.
I am going to quit rambling now and go clean up my stamp room. Thanks for looking and have a great night.

Cathy

No comments: