Friday, December 5, 2008

Balancing Act

Christmas Time can be a balancing act. I wanted to use this cute seal from Melanie Muenchinger's Jumpin for Joy set sold at GinaK Designs.

I colored the seal and packages with copic markers. I used a stardust glitter pen, sold at GinaK Designs, to over color the ribbons and bows on the packages. I stamped the words Joy and Happy Holidays from the Christmas Blessings set also sold at GinaK Designs.

Do you see a pattern here? Gina K Designs stamp sets have always been my first love for stamps that I can color with my copic markers.

I wanted to make it appear that the seal was balancing the packages but it didn't look right until I added the words Joy and Happy Holidays.

I mounted the main image on a piece of designer paper I bought at Michaels last year. I mounted the polka dot piece on Garden Green Stampin Up cardstock. I tied a big red bow at the bottom.

I was going to wait and post this card tomorrow, but on the week-ends tomorrow may not have any time for uploading to my blog :) so I decided to go ahead and grace you with another card tonight. Lucky you!

I will probably see you tomorrow. If you stopped by to look. Thanks

Just a reminder, sneak peaks for the new release at Artistic Outpost start on December 10th. I am one of the guest designers for December, so be sure to come back to check out what I have done, and if you have time please leave me a comment so I know if I did okay. I am a little nervous because this is my first gig as a guest designer and......I just hope I don't bomb.

Have a great week-end.

Cathy

1 comment:

Melanie said...

awesome card, boy can I relate!! congrats on your designer postion, you'll be fabulous!! :)