Monday, December 15, 2008

Love the Glitter of the Circus Final Sneak Peek



The thing I love most about the Circus is when all of the lights are off and all you see is all of the bright lights and glitter. I tried to create this same effect on this Circus Collage here. I am not sure I succeeded but in real life you can see through the glittery background and see the main Circus Collage Stamp from the newly released Vintage Circus Stamp plate from Artistic Outpost.

I stamped the main stamp collage image (can you tell that it is my favorite:) ) I stamped the center section with the tiger head so that I could cut it out and pop it up to accentuate it.

My favorite tiger is the White Bengel Tiger so I tried to maintain the shades of grey copic marker for coloring the tiger. I colored the mouth and letters with red copic marker. I over colored the letters with a red Atyou Spica glitter pen so that the letters would sparkle as well.

I couldn't capture that effect in the photo if I wanted you to see the glittery background. You can't win them all. Here is a close up and in the top letters you can see the glitter pen on the letters.
I also outlined the main image with the same Atyou Spica pen from Copic. I also used a black ultra fine point copic multiliner pen to draw in the tiger's whiskers.
I enjoyed creating this image in neutral tones with red highlights and creating the glittery fun background to showcase the image. This is the reverse of what I usually do but I like the way it turned out.
I have been able to create so many different kinds of cards and projects with this wonderful Vintage Circus set because there are so many great images that all work so well together that it is just so much fun to create project after project.
Thank you to everyone who has stopped by to see my sneak peaks and leave comments. Please don't stop coming by because I will be posting lots of Artistic Outpost cards and projects every week. I will be posting weekly projects on the Artistic Outpost Blog as well.
Thanks to all, Good Night
Cathy

2 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Clever idea Cathy!

Lynn Stevens said...

I bet this shows up Great in person!!