Monday, December 29, 2008

I'm Baack!

Hi Everybody:

Christmas is over at the Edgar household and I can get back to business now. Notice that I didn't say normal?!?

I don't want to make another Christmas card for at least 6 months, or see one for that matter. I am so ready to move on with Valentines day and just whatever cute thing I want to do. Tonight I finally made this card that I have had colored for months.


I know that you all remember that this set by Melanie Muenchinger called A Year of Flowers sold at GinaK Designs, is one of my favorite sets and I used the heck out of the poinsetta flower for holiday cards

I colored the rose with my River Rock stamp pad and aquapainter, Yep, I do know how to use other mediums, just always seem to pull out my copic markers. What can I say I love my copic markers!

I punched out the main image with my marvy giga scalloped oval punch and cut out the pink oval behind with my fiskars cutter. I had colored some leaves but they were too green so I went with plan B and stamped onto the same polka dot paper I used to mount the rose image. I had saved this piece of DP to use with this rose when I got it colored because it matched so perfectly. I found this piece of rose dp that I thought would coordinate nicely with the river rock polka dot. I didn't really like it, it was too plain until I decided to add the pink which is the back side of the river rock polka dot. I punched photo corners with my SU photo corner punch and put them behind the corners of the main image.

The pink ribbon was some that I dyed and the ribbon slide was from a bulk order from when I was a SU demo. I tend to hoard these little slides but sometimes they are just the accent that I am looking for so I do use them.

This isn't the monochromatic card that I had planned but I think it turned out pretty.

I have to get busy and get my Christmas Thank You cards made and sent this week. I have been working on them. I am using the My Cuppa Joe set from GinaK Designs (which I am sad to say is the last GinaK set that I have been able to get and I won that one from a challenge drawing). I know that there will be a new release and last month was the first month for quite a while that I couldn't buy any stamps. If I don't get any other stamps I have to get the butterflies but it was the free set if you bought 3 sets and I just have to wait until it is available for sale.

I hope that you are all as happy to see some new cards as I am to be making them. I am glad to be back to my mundane life of work by day and stamp by night. It's not cheap but still cheaper than therapy.

See you tomorrow. Goodnight

Cathy

No comments: