Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Look at these cute stamps from Our Craft Lounge!

I am going to show you three of the cutest stamps that can be used for many different occassions from the fairly new Stamp Company Our Craft Lounge. The stamp set is called: Dr. Pea_Nut






I showed you this stamp a couple of days ago but I didn't make a card out of it and I had colored that one blue. I thought that a "sick" elephant would be green. He looks like he feels pretty bad to me. I colored them with copic markers of course, I seldom use anything else these days, just seems to be what I always grab.


Bub's the Beaver is the name of this stamp set from Our Craft Lounge and I love love love to color this set.

I have to work at using designer paper on my cards sometimes. It isn't that I don't have any, I have hundreds of sheets because I buy it when I see something I like or it is on sale. It is probably because I color the image and then make the card afterwards and I don't always find what I feel is the perfect dp. Sometimes being a perfectionist is a hinderence.



I sponged the edges with Ranger Vintage Photo Distressed Ink to soften the cut edges a little. I added a green brown ribbon under the main image. I popped up the main image on foam picture mounting tape and the scalloped sentiment is up on two stacked foam tapes to make it higher than the main image.



Finally I added the brown Robin's Egg Dew Drops from the Cowboy bottle.



My final image is also of Bub's the Beaver with my new favorite sentiment. "Well, I'll be dammed....."

This is another image that I showed you the other night with the blue elephant but I sponged the edges with Ranger Vintage Photo Distressed ink and added the cute brown gingham ribbon. It is still a pretty masculine card since there is only a ribbon knot and not a bow. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I may post sporatically for the next few days. I have to work tomorrow (Christmas Day), and Friday,and we are having our family Christmas on Saturday. Hopefully the weather stays nice like they are forecasting.

Hope to see you back here soon.

* * * *

I just read that Whimsey Stamps was having a Guest Designer call for January and the Bub's Beaver qualifies for the 3 layers and at least 3 embellishments and besides I think he is too cute. Must be an animal or Whimsey stamp. Here are the important details. Full requirements are available on Splitcoast Stampers under Design Team Calls:

Monthly guest designer for January 2009, design call now open!We are looking for a talented crafter who loves to stamp, create and share! Each monthly guest designer will be asked to create atleast one Whimsy Stamps project per week. This project must then be posted on your blog. Whimsy Stamps will post your artwork on the gallery page of our site. We also ask that you participate in any other Whimsy related challenges.Important:-Anyone from around the world may enter this design call.-Monthly Guest designers must have their own blogs to share and promote projects featuring Whimy Stamps.-Enter as many times as you would like.-It is not necessary, for this particular design call, to use a Whimsy Stamps image, however if you have one, please do.

* * * *

I love to be on a design team, it gives me a true purpose to stamp and create not just because I love to do it and would do it anyway.

Cathy

No comments: