Monday, November 23, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree!

I wanted to make a simple card with the beautiful Christmas Tree from Mo's Digital Pencil.  It may not look that simple but it really is:


The tree is colored with copic markers and the ornaments are colored with Atyou glitter pens.  I have red, green, gold, silver, and clear.  In person this is a very sparkly card, just doesn't show up as well in a photograph.
The glitter is MS glitter called snow.  I used stickles white to add snow to the branches and while it was still wet I sprinkled the MS snow glitter on.  I used the MS glitter glue to add snow to the ground cover.  The snow glitter is fairly large flakes and looks like freshly fallen snow.  The snowflakes falling from the sky are also stickles sprinkled with snow glitter.
I mounted the main image, which I sponged around the edges with distress inks in weatherd wood and vintage photo, was mounted on brown cs and then that was mounted on a weathered beige cs from a Christmas paper pack called A Country Christmas by Hobby Lobby.  This layer was mouned on a blue mounted on brown. 
I added a real bow I tied around the middle layer with brown checked ribbon.
Hope you like my simple card with lots of glitter.

Be sure to check out Mo's Digital Pencil as she has added some incredible images this week-end.

I will have a new Riley image for you tomorrow so be sure and stop by.

Happy coloring!!

Cathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Christmas tree! So festive!

Becky said...

What a beautiful job on this Christmas tree.