Monday, November 30, 2009

My very first My Favorite Things card!!!

Since I had too much free time on my hands, I decided to play along in a My Favorite Things Challenge.  I realized after I started it that it was a Challenge to pick a Guest Designer for December,  Ohhh even more fun.  What fun that would be!!!  I have stalked the MFT forum and store for over a year and just never had the extra money to become addicted to another Stamp Company, no matter how much I love them!!! Here is my Challenge project card to use Kraft cardstock....


I have not bought any MFT stamps until last night but really wanted to play in the challenge.  I remembered that MFT had added some digital images.  Right up my alley.  I bought Gardner Flopsey and I'm Pulliln for you Flopsey digital images.  I get stamps with instant gratification and have time to play in the Guest Designer Challenge.
I'm pullin for you Flopsey was colored with copics and then cut out with the Spellbinder Label 3 die and I thought this die was perfect because it had a rounded center section that looked like it was made especially to go around Flopsey's ears LOL,  Works for me!!
Before I removed the die I sponged vintage photo and weathered wood Tim Holtz distress inks around the edge leaving a nice white border.
I used a piece of dp with blue and brown diamonds on a neutral beige background I thought fit the colored image perfectly.  The blue cs is from my LSS and I punched the two horizontal sides with the Wide scallopped lattice design border punch.  Looks like a fence to keep a rabbit in.... or out!!!
I added some brown and white narrow checked ribbon to which I added a real bow, I'm getting better at tying those little buggers LOL
Lastly I wanted to use my new embellishment addiction, the pretty punched flowers.  My DT friend Lisa Cook had a tutorial on her blog a couple of months ago on how to make them using the MS geranium flower punches.  I used the same dp as the center band to punch the flowers.  I love that I can punch the flowers out of the same dp and they alway match, added bonus.
I can't image that I would be chosen to be the December Guest Designer but it sure would be fun.  I will attend the MFT release party on Wednesday, December 2 (which just happens to be my birthday)  Wouldn't that be a wonderful Birthday present!?! 
I'm pullin for you Flopsey was so much fun to color I can't wait to make another.  I wonder if I should do a second card for the challenge?

Thanks for stopping by see you tomorrow.

Happy Coloring
Cathy


1 comment:

craftieodmae said...

another awesome card, perfect coloring! Good luck!!