Wednesday, November 18, 2009

White Christmas with Snowy Woods, Artistic Outpost

It's about time to really start creating some Christmas Cards.  My favorite Christmas set for elegant, gorgeous Christmas cards is Snowy Woods from Artistic Outpost.  For this card I have used the boughs and door from this set. 





The images were stamped onto the dark blue card stock using a versamark pad.  I then sprinkles white embossing powder and used my heat gun to set the embossing powder.
I added some sponged white around the bottom and sides to give the appearance of wind blown whisps of snow, you have to use your imagination a little :)
I added MS glitter to the snowflakes which were punched with a MS punch.  A Plaid Christmas ribbon tied in a bow in the upper left corner of the door image and a band of ribbon under the embossed panel.
I love the Snowy Woods stamp plate to color but tonight I decided I wanted to do my favorite Christmas card technique of simple embossing.
Thanks for stopping by and see you tomorrow when I will share a super cute Cupcake Fairy called Sugar that Mo added to her store tonight.  I couldn't wait to color it but too late to finish the card so will do that as my project to show you tomorrow night.
See you later,

Cathy

No comments: