Sunday, November 1, 2009

Geisha Hanna


I love this Geisha Hanna from the October Release at Hanna Stamps.  I added the parasal and footbridge, included in the set, to create this scene. 
The image was colored with copic markers and because I always think of Asian themed cards as being very formal, elegant and have gold highlights I tried to incorporate these influences in this card.
The flowers in the kimono are outlined with gold  copic Atyou glitter pen,
I sponged clouds above the bridge to accentuate the sentiment, and sponged a hint of ground along and below the bridge.
The dp is origami paper which was purchased in a packet at Michaels because I wanted a true Asian feel to the cards I created with this set :). I liked that this piece of dp had quite a bit of red and the blues and greens that I had used in the coloring of the image.
I tied gold cord around the card base and added 3 gold buttons tied with gold cord for accents.

Well, it is back to work tomorrow.  Hopefully I will get everything back to normal this week. 
It was a wonderful fun filled week-end having my second daughter, Michelle, and her family here to spend Halloween trick or treating and a quiet Sunday with us.  They spent the night with my daughter as my old dog has issues with one of their dogs.  They all came over for breakfast and lunch today and it was fun to have 6 of my grandkids there all at once.  It is more fun now that they are older to do things together and reason with :)
See you all tomorrow night.  I will have a Mo's Digital Pencil image tomorrow night. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Cathy

2 comments:

Gina Lindsay said...

Oh this is so pretty, your coloring is great and I love the way you sponged to get the ground. Beautiful!

Juls said...

stunning! you have created such a beautiful oriental look to this card!