Friday, February 12, 2010

I Pledge Allegiance--Sassy Cheryl's

Had time today to color another Sassy Cheryl's super cute image called I Pledge Allegiance.  I have loved Americana since I can remember.  My home was overtaken with Red/White/Blue in antique color hues for 20 years.

I thought this little darling was sooo darn cute I just had to have her.  She was colored with copic markers trying to go with a more antique tone and coloring
I thought it woudl be fun to make some circle button holders(for lack of a better term) so I punched large blue and medium white. The edges were distressed pretty harshly which shows up much better in person or a close up view of the pix.
The blue panel behind the main image was distressed as well.  A red check ribbon keeps with the americana theme.  The large red buttons were some that I got on sale when one of our WalMart's was selling out of sewing stuff, I knew I would want them sometime :)
The little red star button is from my button stash.
The USA were cuttlebut alphabet letters from my letter drawer.

I will have a few more Sassy Cheryl's cards for you next week. 

Be sure that you stop by the Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge Blog Hop on Tuesday with both the Challenge Team and Dream Team participating...Should be fun.  We get to pick our favorite image to use.  I can't wait to see what everyone chooses.  There will be a prize and it wll be loads of fun

Tomorrow I will have a Artistic Outpost Valentine card and who knows what else I may come up with :)

Have a great night and thanks for stopping by!!

Happy Coloring

Cathy

3 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

You did a fantastic job. Have to add her to my pages.
Thanks for sharing her.

Anonymous said...

What a cutey!

The Wired Angel said...

One of my favs from Sassy Cheryl!! Terrific job Cathy!