Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oh, Mannnn! Wednesday's Child, Mo's Digital Pencil

Mo of Mo's Digital Pencil created a series of girls a few months ago with the Days of the Week Birthday sayings...  you know, Monday's Child is......  Now she is creating the boys.  This is Wednesday's Child:

If you are a mother, grandmother, aunt or friend you have seen this look!  Little brother has run his dump truck into the perfect high tower of blocks that Older brother has worked hard to build.  It is usually followed by MahhhhM!!!!

Wednesday's Child was colored with copic markers.  The outside border of the image was airbrushed with copic markers and my copic airbrush system.  The main image was mounted on a textured blue cs from my LSS that I had punched a kind of masculine border with a MS border punch.
The patterned dp was from a card making kit that I have had forever but thought the colors worked perfectly for the blue and kraft colors I had chosen.  I cut it at a diagonal for a little added interest.
The red band was crossed with narrow beige ribbon with red threads purchased at Michael's.
The little dump truck was actually yellow and black but I wanted it to coordinate with the reds and blues so I sprayed it with R29 copic marker using my airbrush system.
The three red assorted buttons were added to the upper left corner and the truck path was created with my cutterbug single row piercing thingie.  ( very technical term for the tool huh, LOL).

If you haven't already you still have time to join the Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge this week which is to make a card using shades of gray.  You have until Wednesday to submit your creation.

Thanks for stopping by.  It seems sooo good to be back in the swing of creating after a rather crazy stressful month.
Happy Coloring!!!

Cathy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous love it x