Sunday, April 26, 2009

Digi Shack Challenge Week 2

Hi everybody,

I am so glad that things have settled down a little bit in my world and I have more time for stamping. The Digi Shack has a color challenge this week and the colors are going grey, summer sun, and certainly celery. Here is the card that I made using those colors:

When I bought this digital image my intention was to cut it out and color it more in the colors of a cone flower and turn it upside down, but once I colored this I really liked the way that it turned out so I left it as it was. I colored with copic markers and then because it was kind of plain I decided to do some paper piercing. I used my circle template and also my square template for the holes starting with the circle around the flower.

I had a little trouble deciding what type of background paper to use for the certainly celery as I didn't want my card to be too plain. I found this circle pattern paper that is pretty much certainly celery colored so that is what I went with for my certainly celery color along with the ribbon.

I made the sentiment tag by cutting three strips of paper and using a tag punch to make the ends tag like. I got this tip from my friend Theresa on her blog, crafting the web.

I am trying to finish a couple of GinaK Designs challenge cards before tomorrow so that I can try to win a couple of her new release sets. I could only manage to buy one set this release so hopefully I can win another. I have been pretty lucky winning GinaK stuff in the past few months :)

Gotta keep plugging away. You may see another post later tonight, you never know about me.


5 comments:

Jacilynn said...

Gorgeous Cathy! Love this image, but haven't had a chance to use it. Really great card.
Hugs

lisa808 said...

Very soft & pretty. Love the way you did the sentiment.

jessika.mk said...

ITemplatez.com offers professional web templates, flash templates ,swish templates, dreamweaver templates, and other web design productsavailable for immediate download.

Laurie said...

Love this card...the background paper is great! Glad you chose it.

thedigishack said...

Stunning :D