Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Vintage Halloween- Artistic Outpost


I have wanted to get this Vintage Halloween by Artistic Outpost set for awhile but it has been out of stock. I got it on Saturday and I just love it. I know it is early for Halloween but I am thinking of submitting some cards for publications so you have to plan a few months ahead :) a novel concept for me but I am working on it! What do you think?
I created this little scene with four of the stamps from the Vintage Halloween set by Artistic Outpost. I stamped the little girl, masked her and stamped the large pumpkin and wrought iron fence and the halloween sentiment abover her head. I colored with copic markers. My lighting wasn't as good as it should be to get the true colors. The dress is more purples than blues.
The coloring with copics was the easy part I wanted to create a evening sky with an ominous mood so I sponged with four different Tim Holtz distressed inks. I use the Tim Holtz foam applicators and work in a circular motion so as not to leave ink lines. It is amazing how much "muscle" it takes to create the background color, but it is worth the effort in my opinion.
Hey Robyn, (owner and stamp creator at Artistic Outpost), we need a spooky house?!?
What do you think, should I get brave and finish a card and submit it for publication? I have a real aversion to rejection and besides I am a big scaredy cat :)
Hope you like my Vintage Halloween preview, now I just need to make it into a card.
Have a great night and see you tomorrow night.
Cathy

1 comment:

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

darling, you should submit everything you do for publication. You are so very talented, and we are so happy to have you a part of our team...Your work takes my breath away...xoxoxo...Robyn