Thursday, April 30, 2009

Out West arrived in the midwest!!!

I had to have Theresa Momber's very first set, Out West, created as a new illustrator for GinaK Designs. Theresa was the first follower on my blog and left the very first comment and I consider her my first cyber friend and I consider her a friend. She is one of the most talented stamp artists that you have ever seen and if you have been to her blog you know exactly what I am talking about. Theresa, here is the first of many cards that I will make with this totally awesome set.......

The set includes many images that can be used to create so many different cards or scrapbook pages, the possibilities are endless.

I masked the boots and stamped the cactus behind the boots. I had masked the skull to stamp the boots and cactus on the right hand side. I drew in the hitching post by hand and cut a slit in the saddle so that it looks like it is sitting on the hitching post. The saddle is popped up on dimensionals so that it looks like it is on the hitching post.

The Howdy sentiment is included in the set. I sponged around the image, added a button and the main image was complete.

When I ordered the Out West set I knew that I wanted the rope paper I had seen in the sneak peeks so I ordered the digital paper pack Rough and Rugged. It is awesome. I print my digi paper on GP cardstock because I usually use it as a card base and love the true colors I get when printing on it. I was able to download and print the paper on Monday and had to wait till today when my stamp set arrived.

Thanks for stopping by and Thanks to Theresa for creating such a totally wonderful horse lovers, not a cartoon, western set.

I'll be back later with an exciting announcement!

Cathy


1 comment:

Theresa Momber said...

Love, love, love it! Wow, what a gorgeous scene you have created. Totally cool fence and I love how you put the saddle on it. You are so sweet and I am thrilled to have you as my friend!