Saturday, April 4, 2009

StampTVMonochromatic Challenge Card

I am finally feeling better. The grandkids in town spent the night last night because my daughter has a class on Saturday mornings and between the other grandma in town and myself we watch them. I did manage to get a Challenge card made for StampTV and if you can believe it, there is no coloring on this card.



I used one of my favorite sentiment stamps from Melanie Muenchinger's A Charmed Life stamp set and stamped it in white ink on the crackled brown main image. Usually when I don't make a card that I use an image that can be colored I love to make cards of this type. I usually make them a little more elaborate than my norm and with a more vintage look.

I already knew that I wanted to do some GinaK Designs StampTV challenges this week-end. It seems like forever since I have done any so this is the first. I went to Michaels today and I have been wanting some Vintage buttons and they had a huge package that were perfect for what I want to use them for. They also had the scrolled die cut at the bottom of the card. It is a cuttlebug that was normally 20.00 and they had it on clearance for 10.00. There are two different dies in the package.

I also used my cuttlebug to emboss the top note die with the script folder. I sponged the edges with Adirondak Juniper ink and also Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I used the Tim Holtz Crackle paint for the sentiment diecut piece. I applied the Vintage Photo crackle paint onto a piece of chipboard and when it was dry and crackled I punched it out with my Marvy Scalloped oval punch. I sponged the edge with Brilliance Moonlight white ink.

I added the brown ribbon to the coordinating narrow panel, behind the top note die piece, and added two bow knots. I added the button to the die cut at the bottom and a double blossom prima flower to the upper right hand corner. The center gold rimmed pearl is holding the flower blosoms together. The flower was attached with pop dots.

I am going to keep working on more challenges and a few more things I have in mind for A Charmed Life.

See you tomorrow!

Cathy


2 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Really Lovely!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!!