Sunday, April 12, 2009

New Copic Challenge Site Yippee!!

I was surfing the blogs the other night and saw a new site for copic marker challenges called Copic Creations. It was mentioned on Marianne Walker's blog so it must be a good one. I have just submitted my first challenge card for their first challenge. The challenges will be twice monthly on the first and fifteenth. I should be able to manage that. The challenge this time was to use a skin coloring technique. I used my flower girl image and completed a card.

I had colored this image, Flower Girl from Dog Gone Stamps, last week. I used the following copic markers for the skin color. E000, E31 and E33. These are basically the only three colors I use for the main skin color on a female image. I usually use R11 for the blush on a human image.

I completed this image by sponging around the edge of the image with Tim Holtz broken china and vintage photo distress inks. I mounted the main image on brown cardstock, the brown on a turquoise polka dot that I sponged vintage photo on the edge. That was mounted on a final piece of brown. The striped designer paper was some that I picked up at Hobby Lobby about a year ago and seems to be my go to dp when using turquoise. I added a piece of brown borner punched along the left side. Inside that I added a strip of K & Company paper flower border. I added turquoise gems inside each flower. I tied two pieces of narrow satin ribbon between the gems and main image as a boundary (and to cover my seam).

Very quick card. Thanks for looking.

I got a lot of projects done this week-end. Some I can show you and some I have to wait as they are DT work, I know I am soo mean, I think it will be worth the wait.

Did you happen to notice the Dog Gone Stamps blog walk hop button in the upper right hand corner of the page. Be sure to join us on April 25, at 10 am for a walk with the Dog Pound group. We will have lots of fun things to show you.

Back later or tomorrow depending on what else I get done tonight.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cathy

No comments: